ErieMoms

The holidays are a time when we all want to indulge our families. But spending too much just leads to anxiety, which is no gift to your family.

I wanted to start this forum to allow ErieMoms to share some of the creativity I know is out there -- and give you some time to make or track down some of the money-saving projects/gifts that you can do.

As I find ideas, I'll be adding them. But I hope you will too.

One of my favorites is to go to one of your favorite photo Web sites, I use Kodakgallery.com, and create calendars with pictures from family gatherings. You can make them for about $15 per calendar, comparable to what you can buy in the store but personalized.

Views: 58

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I visited Ollie's Bargain Barn over the weekend. Great deals there. I got an art set for under $10 and found a kids' metal detector (great for the beach) also for under $10.

Next up ... Big Lots.
One money-saving idea is to work with your kids outside to create Christmas presents for their friends and family.

This allows both you and your children to get outside and get exercise and conversations about the outdoors.

Recently my daughter and I have been collecing sea (beach) glass. These piece are being turned into both earrings and cards for friends and family. This morning I was drilling the glass to make earrings. Later today we'll get out the glue to turn the white pieces into snowmen for cards. It's a great way to remind family members who don't live here anymore about the region's natural beauty.

RSS

Coming up

Happy Thanksgiving!

FESTIVAL OF TREES: Friday, Nov. 28, and Saturday, Nov. 29, 10 a.m.-8 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 30, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Bayfront Convention Center; decorated Christmas trees, holiday marketplace, entertainment, Santa's Castle, Santa's Secret Shop and more. Cost: $9; children 12 and younger, $6; breakfast with Santa (reservations required), $20, $15 for children 12 and younger. Info: 452-5073, www.ahn.org/locations/saint-vincent-hospital/festival-trees.

More November calendar.

Members

A place for Erie's Moms to talk, share and learn.

© 2014   Created by Admomistrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

/************* DO NOT ALTER ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE ! **************/ var s_code=s.t(); if(s_code)document.write(s_code)